Davis's Vantage Pro2 series is well known for high accuracy and robustness. The weather stations are popular with education and research users. They're also fantastic stations for monitoring in agriculture and industry or for serious home weather buffs.
This item is the wireless integrated sensor suite (ISS) with the standard radiation shield. It transmits data that can be received by a Davis Vantage Pro2 console, Vantage Vue console or Wireless Envoy base station. (See ECS-002 for an ISS & console package.)
These are the official Australian version - unlike some other distributors of Davis gear, weather station gear purchased through us have their radios set to frequencies that are legal in Australia.
The ISS includes rain collector, temperature and humidity sensors, an anemometer (with a 12m cable for positioning away from the ISS), solar panel and battery. For improved accuracy, temperature and humidity sensors are housed inside our solar-powered, 24-hour fan-aspirated radiation shield. The shield protects against solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat.
The "Plus" in the model name refers the to the presence of solar radiation and UV sensors the standard unit lacks.
The wireless range is up to 300m (1000') outdoors, line of sight. Typical range through walls under most conditions is 60 to 120m (200' to 400') Add wireless repeaters for distances up to 2.7km (1.7 miles).
- Solar Powered Integrated Sensor Suite: A lithium battery provides backup at night and during cloudy, winter days.
- Humidity and Temperature: Both sensors protected by radiation shield for better accuracy
- Barometric pressure sensor
- UV sensor for measuring UV index or sunburn risk
- Rain gauge with tipping bucket (self-emptying) technology.
- Solar radiation for estimating power available for solar panels or evapotranspiration.
- Anemometer for wind speed and direction can be mounted up to 12m from the rest of the suite