Relayduino USB/RS-485 IO Module (8-28VDC)
Arduino-compatible controller with eight relay outputs, four opto-isolated inputs and three 4 to 20 mA or 0 to 5 VDC analog inputs. USB and RS-485 serial interfaces. Windows, Mac OS X and Linux compatible. 6.5~36VDC powered.
KTA-223 can now be powered 6.5-36VDC, therefore KTB-223 has been discountinued.
- Manufacturer: Ocean Controls
|10or more items||$88.71/ each||save15%|
KTA-223 can now be powered 6.5-36VDC, therefore KTB-223 has been discontinued.
The KTA-223 is a USB or RS-485 controlled IO module for interfacing PCs to real world applications, such as controlling lights and sprinkler systems, reading sensors and monitoring switches and other digital signals. It's also an Arduino compatible controller and can be programmed with Arduino IDE for stand-alone operation.
The relays are capable of switching up to 10 A at 250 VAC (though see notes about PCB track heating in the manual). Optically-isolated digital inputs can be wired to NPN, PNP or dry contact (switch) type sensors. Three analog inputs can be used for 0 to 5 VDC or 0 to 20 mA (including industry standard 4 to 20 mA) signals.
A simple ASCII protocol allows control from Windows/Mac/Linux using either USB Virtual serial port drivers or RS-485. Additionally, multiple devices can be connected to one RS-485 bus, allowing control of many devices from one USB port.
Multiple controllers can be connected to one or more PCs in an RS-485 network. Each controller can be assigned an address and will respond to commands addressed to them.
The controller is based on the hardware of the Arduino physical computing controllers. It can be programmed as a stand-alone controller using the free, open source Arduino environment. Internally, the controller is "shield compatible", allowing the use of many extension boards designed for the Arduino Deumilanove or Uno.
An example program has been written in both Visual Basic 6 and VB .Net to show you how to interface with the KTA-223 using a PC.
Light Flasher Software:
Our Light Flasher software for the KTA-223 called Time-A-Relay allows you to sequence the relays in patterns.This is designed for Christmas lights, trapshooting and other simple time loop controls.
Time Clock Software:
Our Time Clock software for the KTA-223 called Time-Clock allows you to switch on relays at certain times of the day and days of the week. Can be used to control lighting and watering for plants etc.
Web Interface Sketch:
Using the WebUi sketch and an Ethernet shield allows you to control the IO from a web browser
WiFly Interface Sketch:
Check out this item news for a tutorial on using the WiFly shield to control the IO from a web browser
- Power Supply: 6.5 to 36VDC
- Current Consumption: 500mA
- 4 x Digital Inputs: Opto-isolated, 5 to 30VDC
- 3 x Analog Inputs: 10 bit resolution, jumper selectable for 0 to 5 VDC or 0 to 20 mA
- 8 x Relay Outputs: SPDT, rated to 10A (resistive), 250VAC / 30VDC
- Protocol: Communicates via USB (virtual serial port) or RS-485
- Easily connect multiple units far apart by RS-485
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Arduino compatible
- Accepts Arduino shields (Ethernet / XBee)
- Power Indicator, TX and RX LEDs
- Connections via pluggable screw terminals
- All enclosed in professional looking plastic case
- Dimensions: 140L × 110W × 30H (mm)
- Weight0.38 kg
- Dimensions (L x W x H)20 x 12 x 4 cm
- Download Manual (PDF)
- Download Schematic (PDF)
- Download Eagle Files
- Download Arduino Sketch
- Web Interface Sketch (requires ethernet shield)
- Wifi Interface Sketch (requires WiFly shield - tutorial available; see link above)
- Download RoHS Certificate
Faulty Goods and Warranty
Where such goods have been supplied we undertake to repair or replace them as quickly as possible.Prior to returning faulty items, please contact us with a description of the fault as one of our engineers might be able to assist you by resolving the issue over the phone.
A Warranty form must be filled out and returned with any goods.
Our standard warranty period is 12 months from the date of purchase unless stated otherwise.
Other warranty periods:
Labjack Products: 5 Years
Atop Products: 3 Years
MeanWell Products: 3 Years
Terracom Products: 3 Years
Warranty is subject to us being satisfied that a defect was caused by defective workmanship or materials and was not caused by or was not substantially contributed to by other factors beyond our control including incorrect installation, alterations or modifications of the product not recommended by the manufacturer.
If you are dissatisfied with our goods you may return them within 14 days of the dispatch date. Contact us for an authorisation and we will refund your purchase less shipping costs and restocking fees. All returned goods MUST be in AS NEW condition including ALL PACKAGING and DOCUMENTATION / MANUALS etc.
- The product returned will attract a 20% restocking fee.
- The customer must pay the delivery costs.
- Non standard, custom made or a specially manufactured or imported products are not returnable.
- Semiconductors, books and software are not refundable
Full Terms and Conditions
By placing an order with Ocean Controls, you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Trade.
Customers who viewed this product also bought
- SKU:KTA-259In stock(38 items available)
- SKU:CAM-001In stock(1 item available)
- SKU:RHT-112In stock(14 items available)
- SKU:YTD-410In stock(6 items available)
- SKU:HIW-240In stock(11 items available)