DM422C fully digital microstepping stepper motor driver with anti-resonance tuning. Automatic or computer-driven tuning. Suits small stepper motors up to 1.6 A RMS.
The DM422C replaces Leadshine's popular M325 drive and updates it to the latest generation of stepper motor drivers. This fully digital microstepping drive is based on a DSP with an advanced control algorithm that allows tuning of the current and position feedback loops in the drive and allows you to counter resonances that would otherwise stall the motor.
The driver is a current-chopping driver with a wide DC voltage input range and will suit a wide range of NEMA 17 motors. Microstepping allows you to achieve fine precision from your motor. The anti-resonance control algorithm produces smoother motion and allows higher top speeds than other microstepping driver systems.
Self-configuration and parameter auto-setup technology makes it easy to get the maximum performance from your motor. When the driver is tuned, the motor runs with much less noise, less heating and smoother movement than could be achieved with other drives on the market. These features make the DM422C excellent for all applications but are particularly advantageous for applications that require low-speed smoothness.
Without fine tuning, the drive will run at least as well as a pure-sinusoidal driver. To tune the driver further than the automatic tuning, you will also require the LSK-002 programming cable.
- Anti-Resonance, provides optimum torque and nulls mid-range instability
- Motor self-test and parameter auto-setup technology, offers optimum responses with different motors
- Multi-Stepping allows a low resolution step input to produce a higher microstep output for smooth system performance
- TTL compatible and optically isolated input
- Automatic idle-current reduction
- Suitable for 2-phase and 4-phase motors
- Support PUL/DIR and CW/CCW modes
- Over-voltage, over-current, phase-error protections
Suitable for a wide range of stepping motors, from NEMA frame size 14 to 23. It can be used in various kinds of machines, such as laser cutters, laser markers, high precision X-Y tables, labeling machines, and so on. Its unique features make the DM422C an ideal solution for applications that require low-speed smoothness.
The SMC-010 is superseded by SMC-016