Leadshine EM-S Series consists of stepper drives upgraded from its popular DM series stepper drives. Besides retaining the DM series features of high precision, high reliability, low noise, low motor heating, and low motor vibration, Leadshine has also applied improvements to the EM-S stepper drives such as better motor output torque (10-25% depending motor rotating speeds), convenient command smoothing, better interference resistance, addition of fault output, ...
The EM556S is a new digital stepper drive based on Leadshine’s widely implemented DM stepper drives (10 millions of units in field). While retaining features of simple design, easy setup, high precision and reliability, Leadshine has also upgraded it by adopting the latest stepper control technology and added additional advanced features for better torque (10-25%), quicker response time, control command smoothing, easy self-test, etc.
The EM556S is able to power 2 phase (1.8°) and 4 phase (0.9°) stepper motors smoothly with very low motor heating & noise. All the micro step and output current configurations can be easily done via built in DIP switches. Its control type (step & direction or CW/CCW) and command smooth filtering can also be configured via DIP switches. Therefore, the EM542S is an ideal choice for many applications requiring simple step & direction or CW/CCW control of NEMA 17, 23, and 24 stepper motors.
- Step & direction (PUL/DIR) or CW/CCW (double pulse) control
- Configurable control command smoothing for performance excellence
- Automatic idle current reduction to 50% or 90%
- Convenient self-test for easy diagnosis
- Automatic self-configuration to match wide-range NEMA 17, 23, and 24 stepper motors
- Anti-Resonance for optimal torque, extra smooth motion, low motor heating and noise
- Soft-start with no “jump” when powered on
- Optically isolated inputs
- Fault output
- Over-voltage and over-current protections
- CE certified and RoHS compliant
- The EM556S is suitable for a wide range of stepping motors of size Nema 16, 17 and 23, and suits various kinds of machines, including X-Y tables, labeling machines, laser cutters, engraving machines and pick-place devices.
The SMC-054 is superseded by SMC-017