The VFD-EL series is Delta Electronic's newest VFD family member. The compact, multi-functional drive series has a high-efficiency thermal design which allows for "zero stack" and DIN-rail mount for space saving optimisation.
VFDs are used widely in industry to drive fans, pumps, mixers, winders, conveyor belts and machine tools. By adjusting the speed of motors to match demand, significant energy savings can be attained.
The VFD-EL series is multifunction new generation micro type AC drive. It has built in EMI filter, RFI switch, easy DC bus sharing for side-by-side installation, high precision current detection, overload protection, and a built-in keypad.
The drive is packed with features. The output stage uses rugged IGBTs and has selectable carrier frequency with sinusoidal PWM voltage and frequency control. Soft start and configurable linear or S-curve acceleration and decelleration prolongs machine life. Acceleration and deceleration can independently be configured. The drive has an internal chopper and can absorb approximately 20% of the rated torque during regenerative braking but can easily be fitted with an external brake resistor for larger capability.
The built-in PID controller allows the drive to operate in closed-loop modes with process feedback without needing an external PLC or controller. Common applications of this feature are providing constant pressure (driving a pump with a pressure sensor as feedback) or constant temperature (driving a fan or compressor with temperature feedback).
In addition to the standard range of analog and digital inputs, the drive features an RS-485 port and understands Modbus RTU or ASCII commands, allowing integration into larger process systems controlled by a PLC or SCADA system.
- 0.1 to 600 Hz Output frequency
- IGBT based sinusoidal PWM control with 3 point adjustable V/f curve
- Built-in PID feedback control
- Built-in EMI filter with RFI-switch for IT (isolated) mains
- Auto-torque / auto-slip compensation
- 3 skip frequency zones to avoid resonances and potential machine damage
- S-curve acceleration and deceleration
- Auto acceleration and deceleration by live sensing of torque
- Fault record memory
- Momentary power loss restart
- Parameter lock and reset
- RS-485 communication interface (RJ-45) with Modbus protocol
- Easy DC Bus Sharing for connecting multiple drives in parallel and sharing regenerative braking energy
- DIN rail mountable side-by-side for easy installation
- Auxiliary analog outputs
- Built-in fan for forced cooling
- Can be fitted with optional communication modules for multiple communication protocols, such as Profibus, DeviceNet, LonWorks and CANopen
- Complete range of protection functions