The Vantage Pro2 series of weather stations from Davis Instruments are high quality monitoring stations popular with education and research users. They're also fantastic stations for monitoring in agriculture and industry or for serious home weather buffs.
These are the official Australian version - unlike some other distributors of Davis gear, weather stations purchased through us have their radios set to frequencies that are legal in Australia, and come with an Australian plugpack with the slightly odd connector to suit the console.
The package includes the Vantage Pro2 console/receiver, integrated sensor suite, and mounting hardware.
The integrated sensor suite includes rain collector, temperature and humidity sensors, an anemometer (with a 12 m cable for positioning away from the ISS), solar panel and battery. Electronic components are housed in a weather-resistant shelter.
The console may be powered using the included AC-power adapter (suits Australian sockets) or with three C batteries (not included). The wireless range is up to 300 m (1000') outdoors, line of sight. Typical range through walls under most conditions is 60 to 120 m (200' to 400') Add wireless repeaters for distances up to 2.7 km (1.7 miles).
- Fast Refresh Rate: A packet of data is sent every 2 1/2 seconds.
- Transmission Distance: 300m line of sight, 200 to 250m typical in most installations
- Solar Powered Integrated Sensor Suite: A lithium battery provides backup at night and during cloudy, winter days.
- Dew Point: Current and for each of the last 24 hours. High and low dew point alarms.
- Humidity: Current inside and outside humidity, and for each of the last 24 hours. High and low humidity alarms.
- Temperature: Current inside and outside temperature, and for each of the last 24 hours. High and low temperature alarms.
- Barometric Pressure: Current and for each of the last 24 hours. Five position trend arrow shows whether pressure is rising, falling, or stable.
- Rain: Rainfall for the last 15 minutes and the last 24 hours, 24 days, 24 months, and 24 years. Flash flood and 24 hour rain alarms.
- Rain gauge uses tipping bucket (self-emptying) technology.
- Rain Rate: Current and for each of the last 24 minutes. Rain rate alarm.
- Rain Storm: Rainfall for the last 24 storms, with beginning and ending dates for each storm. Rain storm warning and alarm.
- Wind Chill: Current wind chill. Wind chill alarm.
- Wind Direction: Current and for the last 24 hours, 24 days, and 24 months. Direction of high wind speed.
- Wind Speed: Current wind speed. Average for the last ten minutes and each of the last 24 hours. High and average wind speed alarms.
- Sunrise and Sunset: Time of sunrise and sunset at your location (including account for daylight savings)
- Heat Index: Current and for each of the last 24 hours. Heat index alarm.
- Highs & Lows: For most weather variables, with time and/or date, for each of the last 24 hours.
- On-Screen Graphing: Graph current conditions, averages, or highs and lows for the last 24 hours, days, months, or years.
- Your Own Local Forecast: The Vantage Pro2 forecast icons show sun, part sun, clouds, and rain, or snow. You may also check the scrolling ticker-tape at the bottom of the display for more details.
The weather station can be connected to a PC using the optional WeatherLink serial cable plugged in to the console. With the WeatherLink serial cable and our gateway module, the station can be connected to a Modbus RTU network and polled by a PLC, SCADA system or computer.
The weather station can also be connected to additional sensors for monitoring Ultraviolet (UV), solar radiation, soil moisture, soil temperature, and more.
Unlike the Vantage Vue weather station, the Vantage Pro2 can be augmented with additional wireless temperature stations, wireless temperature and humidity stations and the Wireless Leaf & Soil Moisture/Temperature Station.