Vantage Pro2 Modbus TCP Weather Station Kit
Full weather station kit based around a Vantage Pro2 with a Modbus gateway. Kit options include wireless versions, additional UV and solar radiation sensors, and fan aspirated variants.
Dear customer, please note we can not ship Davis Instrument weather stations outside Australia, however, you we can still ship the Gateway worldwide.
- Manufacturer: Davis Instruments
The Vantage Pro2 series of weather stations from Davis Instruments are high quality monitoring stations popular with education and research users. They're also fantastic stations for monitoring in agriculture and industry or for serious home weather buffs.
- Temperature and humidity where the Weather Envoy is
- Temperature and humidity at the integrated sensor suite
- Instantaneous wind speed and 10 minute average wind speed
- Wind direction
- Current barometric pressure
- Rain rate
- Date and time of last storm and volume of rain in last storm
- Volume of rain in the last day, month and year
- Status of alarms
- Forecast status
- Time of sunrise and sunset
The Vantage Pro 2 Modbus Weather Station Kit is highly customisable to suit your particular application. You may choose from the following equivalent hardware:
Standard or Plus ISS
The Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS) includes rain collector, temperature and humidity sensors and anemometer (with a 12 m cable for positioning away from the ISS). For improved accuracy, temperature and humidity sensors are housed inside a radiation shield. The shield protects against solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat. The ISS is available in two variants:
- Standard ISS: Contains rain collector, temperature, humidity, wind speed & direction sensors.
- ISS Plus: Adds solar radiation and UV sensors to the standard ISS.
Wired or Wireless
The ISS can send data to the weather station via a cable or wirelessly.
- The wired version features the Cabled ISS and Cabled Envoy. The cable can be run up to 300 metres.
- The wireless version features the Wireless ISS and Wireless Envoy. Wireless range is 300 metres line-of-sight, or 60 to 120 metres indoors.
Naturally or Fan Aspirated
Wireless ISS modules can be fitted with a naturally aspirated or fan aspirated radiation shield. The radiation shield acts to prevent solar radiation from affecting the measurement of temperature. The naturally aspirated shield reduces solar radiation induced temperature measurement error to less than 2 °C worst case. The fan aspirated version pulls external air up through the sensor body, reducing the error to less than 0.3 °C worst case.
These kits use the official Australian versions of the Davis weather station ISS and Envoy - unlike the some other distributors of Davis gear, weather station gear purchased through us have their radios set to frequencies that are legal in Australia, and come with an Australian plugpack with the slightly odd conector to suit the console.
All kits apply a 10% discount off the retail prices of the separate items.
We've collected a few of the wiring diagrams from the Davis manuals together to help wiring the kits: Collection of Wiring Diagrams. Please note the WeatherLink logger is usually shipped in a box that looks like it might only contain software, so check your packaging carefully for all the parts.
Wired | Standard
Wired | Plus
Wireless | Standard
Wireless | Plus
Wireless | Standard | Fan
Wireless | Plus | Fan
To download detailed specification sheets, please use the links of the parts listed in the SPECIFICATION.
Faulty Goods and Warranty
Where such goods have been supplied we undertake to repair or replace them as quickly as possible.Prior to returning faulty items, please contact us with a description of the fault as one of our engineers might be able to assist you by resolving the issue over the phone.
A Warranty form must be filled out and returned with any goods.
Our standard warranty period is 12 months from the date of purchase unless stated otherwise.
Other warranty periods:
Labjack Products: 5 Years
Atop Products: 3 Years
MeanWell Products: 3 Years
Terracom Products: 3 Years
Warranty is subject to us being satisfied that a defect was caused by defective workmanship or materials and was not caused by or was not substantially contributed to by other factors beyond our control including incorrect installation, alterations or modifications of the product not recommended by the manufacturer.
If you are dissatisfied with our goods you may return them within 14 days of the dispatch date. Contact us for an authorisation and we will refund your purchase less shipping costs and restocking fees. All returned goods MUST be in AS NEW condition including ALL PACKAGING and DOCUMENTATION / MANUALS etc.
- The product returned will attract a 20% restocking fee.
- The customer must pay the delivery costs.
- Non standard, custom made or a specially manufactured or imported products are not returnable.
- Semiconductors, books and software are not refundable
Full Terms and Conditions
By placing an order with Ocean Controls, you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Trade.
- SKU:ECS-021In stock(1 item available)
- SKU:ECS-024In stock(4 items available)
- SKU:ECS-003In stock(6 items available)
- SKU:GWY-141In stock(151 items available)
Customers who viewed this product also bought
- SKU:IBP-101In stock(1 item available)
- SKU:HYS-001In stock(79 items available)
- SKU:SIG-010In stock(26 items available)
- SKU:GJS-015In stock(147 items available)
- SKU:KTA-282Available for backorder