ModbusView TCP Software
ModbusView TCP software for simulating Modbus ASCII, RTU, and TCP masters and slaves.
The license takes a day or 2 to be emailed to you.
- Manufacturer: Ocean Controls
|10or more items||$40.33/ each||save15%|
ModbusView TCP is an easy to use program that monitors and simulates Modbus ASCII, RTU and TCP/IP communications on your PC. It enables your PC to act as both a Modbus master and a slave device making it easy for you to simulate the action of your HMI machine, instruments, PLCs etc. ModbusView TCP can be downloaded below and will operate in a 15-minute trial mode. Once purchased, you will be emailed with a serial number to enable unlimited use.
Download a copy of the unregistered program from this site. The unregistered version of ModbusView TCP has all the features of the registered version except there is a time limit of 15 minutes. After 15 minutes you have to restart the program. This will allow you to trial the program before buying.
Modbus is an industrial control protocol run over serial or Ethernet networks. Many PLCs, panel meters, PID controllers, HMIs, IO modules and pieces of industrial equipment can speak Modbus. ModbusView TCP allows you to interrogate and control these devices from your computer.
The Modbus master establishes a connection with the slave. The slave waits for an incoming command from the master and responds appropriately. ModbusView TCP can act as either a Modbus master or slave.
The slave can have 4 different types of internal variables that can be accessed by the master.
- Coils which are digital bits that can be read and written to. They are numbered from 00001 to 09999
- Input Status which are digital bits that can be read. They are numbered from 10001 to 19999
- Input Registers which are 16 bit integers that can be read. They are numbered from 30001 to 39999
- Holding Registers which are 16 bit integers that can be read and written to. They are numbered from 40001 to 49999
Each type in the Modbus specification can have up to 9,999 variables. The protocol can be extended to represent up to 65,536 variables using full 16 bit addressing. ModbusView TCP allows both specification-compliant and full 16 bit addressing.
The Modbus protocol has a number of different functions, some of which are specific to certain Modicon controllers and some of which are rarely used. ModbusView TCP sends and responds to a wide range of the most common Modbus commands including:
- Function 1: Read Coil Status
- Function 2: Read Input Status
- Function 3: Read Input Registers
- Function 4: Read Holding Registers
- Function 5: Write to a Coil
- Function 6: Write to a Holding Registers
- Function 15: Write to Multiple Coils
- Function 16: Write to Multiple Holding Registers
For a more detailed explanation of the Modbus protocol family visit the Web Site www.modbus.org.
- Protocols: Speaks Modbus RTU, ASCII and TCP protocols
- Run as a Modbus master or as five consecutive slave devices
- Displays and edits Holding Registers, Coils, Input Registers and Input Statuses
- Registers can be edited and shown in a wide variety of formats:
- 16 bit signed or unsigned decimal
- 32 bit decimal, little end register or big end register
- 16 or 32 bit hexadecimal, little end register or big end register
- 32 bit floating point, little end register or big end register
- "Pages" feature allows you to set up and easily switch between views of blocks of registers
- Log and Monitor views to inspect data streams
- Full 16 bit addressing of registers
- Dimensions (L x W x H)10 x 8 x 10 cm
Faulty Goods and Warranty
Where such goods have been supplied we undertake to repair or replace them as quickly as possible.Prior to returning faulty items, please contact us with a description of the fault as one of our engineers might be able to assist you by resolving the issue over the phone.
A Warranty form must be filled out and returned with any goods.
Our standard warranty period is 12 months from the date of purchase unless stated otherwise.
Other warranty periods:
Labjack Products: 5 Years
Atop Products: 3 Years
MeanWell Products: 3 Years
Terracom Products: 3 Years
Warranty is subject to us being satisfied that a defect was caused by defective workmanship or materials and was not caused by or was not substantially contributed to by other factors beyond our control including incorrect installation, alterations or modifications of the product not recommended by the manufacturer.
If you are dissatisfied with our goods you may return them within 14 days of the dispatch date. Contact us for an authorisation and we will refund your purchase less shipping costs and restocking fees. All returned goods MUST be in AS NEW condition including ALL PACKAGING and DOCUMENTATION / MANUALS etc.
- The product returned will attract a 20% restocking fee.
- The customer must pay the delivery costs.
- Non standard, custom made or a specially manufactured or imported products are not returnable.
- Semiconductors, books and software are not refundable
Full Terms and Conditions
By placing an order with Ocean Controls, you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Trade.
Customers who viewed this product also bought
- SKU:LSK-050In stock(13 items available)
- SKU:SMC-024In stock(1 item available)
- SKU:PSM-1641Available for backorder
- SKU:PSM-025In stock(4 items available)
- SKU:ATO-005In stock(20 items available)