This fully digital micro-stepping drive is based on a DSP with an advanced control algorithm that allows tuning of the current and position feedback loops in the drive and allows you to counter resonances that would otherwise stall the motor.
The driver is a current-chopping driver with a wide DC voltage input range and will suit a wide range of NEMA 17 to 32 motors. Micro-stepping allows you to achieve fine precision from your motor. The anti-resonance control algorithm produces smoother motion and allows higher top speeds than other micro-stepping driver systems.
Self-configuration and parameter auto-setup technology makes it easy to get the maximum performance from your motor. When the driver is tuned, the motor runs with much less noise, less heating and smoother movement than could be achieved with other drives on the market. These features make the DM870 excellent for all applications but are particularly advantageous for applications that require low-speed smoothness.
Without fine tuning, the drive will run at least as well as a pure-sinusoidal driver. To tune the driver further than the automatic tuning, you will also require the LSK-001 programming cable.
- Anti-Resonance, provides optimum torque and nulls mid-range instability
- Motor auto-identification and parameter auto-configuration technology, offers optimum responses with different motors
- Multi-Stepping allows a low resolution step input to produce a higher micro-step output for smooth system performance
- Micro-step resolutions programmable, from full-step to 102,400 steps/rev
- Supply voltage up to 80 VDC, Output current programmable, from 0.5A to 7.0A
- Pulse input frequency up to 200 kHz
- TTL compatible and optically isolated inputs
- Automatic idle-current reduction and software configured reduction rate
- Suitable for 2-phase and 4-phase motors
- Over-voltage, over-current, phase-error protections
- Support PULSE/DIRECTION and CW/CCW modes
The drive is suitable for a wide range of stepping motors, from NEMA frame size 17 to 32. It can be used in various kinds of machines including CNC machines, laser cutters, laser markers, high precision X-Y tables and labeling machines. Its unique features make the DM870 an ideal solution for applications that require both low-speed smoothness and high speed performance.