The EM542S is a new digital stepper drive based on Leadshine’s widely implemented DM stepper drives (10 millions of units in field). While retaining features of simple design, easy setup, high precision and reliability, Leadshine has also upgraded it by adopting the latest stepper control technology and added additional advanced features for better torque (10-25%), quicker response time, control command smoothing, easy self-test, etc.
The EM542S is able to power 2 phase (1.8°) and 4 phase (0.9°) stepper motors smoothly with very low motor heating & noise. All the micro step and output current configurations can be easily done via built in DIP switches. Its control type and command smooth filtering can also be configured via DIP switches. Therefore, the EM542S is an ideal choice for many applications requiring simple step & direction or CW/CCW control of NEMA 17, 23, and 24 stepper motors.
- Step & direction (PUL/DIR) or CW/CCW (double pulse) control
- 20-50VDC supply voltage
- 200 KHz max pulse input frequency
- 5V / 24V control signal voltage setting by DIP switch, default is 24V
- 16 micro step settings of 200-25,600 via DIP switches, or 200-51,200 via software (increase by 200)
- 8 output current settings of 1.0-4.2A via DIP switches, or 0.5-4.2A via software
- Configurable control command smoothing time to reduce motor vibration
- Automatic idle current reduction to 50% or 90%
- Convenient self-test for easy diagnosis
- Automatic self-configuration to match wide-range NEMA 17, 23, and 24 stepper motors
- Anti-Resonance for optimal torque, extra smooth motion, low motor heating and noise
- Soft-start with no “jump” when powered on
- Optically isolated inputs
- Fault output and Barke output
- Over-voltage and over-current protections
- CE certified and RoHS compliant
The EM542S is suitable for a wide range of stepping motors of size Nema 16, 17 and 23, and suits various kinds of machines, including X-Y tables, labeling machines, laser cutters, engraving machines and pick-place devices.
The drive can be tuned with the Protuner software and an Cable-PC-1 DE9 serial cable.